Saturday, January 3, 2009

Entry #1

Lately, I have been reading more and more blogs by people and I really enjoy them. I especially like reading about crafts and home updates/decorating people have done. Since one of my New Year's resolutions this year is to make more crafts and continue decorating our new (to us) house, I figured I'd try writing a blog.

So, I mentioned my NY resolutions. Well, in order to follow through with the crafts, I have taken a few steps. Firstly, I am part of a fiber crafts meetup group and a scrapbooking meetup group. Both have monthly meetups, ideas, and challenges to inspire me to create. I also love a lot of the ideas I see in other people's blogs and some bios on The Nest. Lastly, I just finished painting my craft room. So, I am super inspired right now to get going on my crafts. Actually, I just returned from Walmart where I bought a bunch of Xmas decorations at 75% off. Now, I am ready to create!

On the homefront, I am continuously looking for things to decorate our home. Soon, I will post some before and after pics of stuff I have done. Soon, we need to pick a color and paint all the hallways. Monday, we have someone coming to give us an estimate on what it would cost to paint all our moldings (currently wood) white. I have my fingers crossed that it won't be too much that Chip says no to the idea. I just really think it will brighten the house and make it look more modern. This spring, we'll be updating all the landscaping too. Eventually, we'd like new kitchen countertops and perhaps to paint the kitchen cabinets.

Well, that's enough for my first post.

1 comment:

  1. All the moldings in your house??? Good luck with that! We have been slowly replacing all of the faux wood and ugly wood moldings in our house. What a pain!

    ReplyDelete