Saturday, January 3, 2009

About Me

I figured if you're going to read my blog, you might as well know a bit about me. My name is Stacy and I was born and raised in central, NJ. I went to college at Towson University, just outside Baltimore, Maryland. My major was mass communications and advertising but after a little while in the field, I went back and got my Masters degree in Education. After college I stayed in the Baltimore area and eventually met my husband, Chip. We finally got married after almost 4 years of dating, in March 2008. At the same time, Chip's company offered us a relocation package we couldn't pass up. So, during the summer of 2008, we officially moved to Virginia Beach, Virginia. We bought a house and have been doing little things to fix and update it. Now, I teach fifth grade in Virginia Beach. Overall, we're very happy in our new home and state :).

Two of the most important things in my life are my dogs. I got Zoe in May 2005 (she was 1.5 years old) from the SPCA. She is a miniature dachshund. Then, in April 2007, we adopted Jake (now 2 years old) from another shelter. He's a golden retriever/collie mix. I never had dogs growing up, so once I decided to get one, I spent a lot of time and energy researching breeds, training, etc. If you know me, you know how important my dogs are to me :).

Zoe on her fifth birthday. She loves committing stufficide to her squirrel.



This is Jake on the 2nd day we had him. He keeps that one ear up 95% of the time :).

No comments:

Post a Comment